Metagame SV OU Metagame Discussion v4 [Volcarona Banned]

Nothing about being worse or better than you, but although it has less Atk and Speed and lacks priority, Meows has access to U-Turn and Trick, in addition to Spikes and Toxic Spikes. Which makes it a powerful offensive pivot especially against Gliscor lead (Triple Axel + U-Turn) in addition to Protean to compensate for the lower attack, while Weavile is a little less flexible.
I've felt similarly with regards to the two, where I find the Glisc matchup and ability to pivot with a surprisingly strong U-Turn to be quite useful while Weavile usually provides an Ice resist given so many good rock/spikers are weak to it. I am curious what Meows are finding the turns to actually set up any form of hazard, but Trick is real. I was just curious since it felt discussion lately had been that the cat was washed. I suppose Weavile wasn't in a ton of discussion, but I assumed their usage would be similar.

coping over a game that happened in 1300s in the metagame thread and thinking its indicative of the current tier is pretty ridiculous bro, like come on have a bit more self awareness than this.

grimms usage according to pikalytics over all ratings on the OU ladder. I don't even think the tier is in a good spot right now but thinking grimmsnarl is the huge problem the tier just shows a overall lack of experience.

heres a novel idea: if you like gen3 so much better, go play it, its a good tier, nobody stopping you. play what you enjoy and dont waste your time if this is how youre going to react.
on an off-beat note I saw someone use that team on ladder, I forgot they could trap my Kingambit with Probopass but I Tera Darked and dealt a good chunk before switching out
I think I won afterwards it was honestly pretty funny

A ton of casual players shifted to playing VGC on showdown rather than OU (or other formats) now that PS has a more official and polished VGC ladder. The implementation of Bo3 and team sheets, which weren’t in place early in the generation, became a big draw connecting the game’s official format to online play on PS. You’d see a big spike that was maintained, and a large part of that is lower ladder/more casual play.

This is fine and even a good thing, imo, as it grows the larger community and makes PS a place for all types of interests. But naturally it’s going to decay away at the other non-Random formats numbers.

There’s also the fact that the overall number of games has no correlation on actual metagame quality or interest. 99% of ladder games are more casual or lower level (hell, you can say 95%, but you get the point) — they have no concept of what is broken or if the tier is balanced, but just prefer to use what they like or find cool on any given day, oftentimes circulating in from media like YT.

Basically the point you’re trying to make isn’t one that is actually proven from the graph at all.
i think that proves at least that we really haven’t fixed the singles meta for gen 9 yet as a lot of people jumped ship for DOU and VGC, I think that is something to keep in mind that there is definitely something wrong with this singles meta if the singles decline indicates anything

But no need to doompost yet, I’m sure we will fix this tier eventually somehow…

But no, all that means is that people have lost interest in singles specifically and want to play doubles, so I think maybe we should consider something to maybe draw players back in for a bit who fell out of love with SV? I don’t know how exactly how you would do that though but there are a lot of potential ways to do that

Aw man I miss ferrothorn, im so shocked it never returned, seems like an important pokemon!

How impactful do you think it would be in the meta if it was around?
Ferrothorn will be at least in the top 5 usage or top 3 at least. Funny enough if Ferro was in this gen it wouldn't lose any moves since knock off, toxic, and leech seed are eggs moves for it. Ferro will never be bad, look at National dex ou in Gen 9, it's top 2 usage which says something. It walls a good chunk of the ou mons that's for sure which gen 9 ou is clear lacking a good wall for both physical and special without Tera which Ferro doesn't really need to abuse it, only if it's a bad match up which Tera Water, Grass, Ghost, Fairy, are good Tera for Ferro . Has the best typing. Only thing Ferro lacks is recover which Game Freak needs to give it Strength Sap and then it will be good. But yeah Ferro is an important Pokemon and Gen 9 ou is seriously lacking something and it's this mon. Garg, Gliscor, and Zaptop cannot fill Ferro shoes

Aw man I miss ferrothorn, im so shocked it never returned, seems like an important pokemon!

How impactful do you think it would be in the meta if it was around?
“252 SpA Choice Specs Kyurem Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Ferrothorn: 144-169 (40.9 - 48%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery”
“0 Atk Ferrothorn Gyro Ball (105 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Kyurem: 236-278 (60.3 - 71%) -- guaranteed 2HKO”
“252+ SpA Primarina Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Ferrothorn: 54-64 (15.3 - 18.1%) -- possible 8HKO after Leftovers recovery”
“0 Atk Ferrothorn Power Whip vs. 80 HP / 0 Def Primarina: 314-372 (97.8 - 115.8%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO”
“+2 252 Atk Wellspring Mask Ogerpon-Wellspring Ivy Cudgel vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Ferrothorn: 146-172 (41.4 - 48.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery”
“0 Atk Ferrothorn Power Whip vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Ogerpon-Wellspring: 142-168 (47.1 - 55.8%) -- 77.3% chance to 2HKO”
GAME FREAAAAAK. BRING FERROTHORN TO GEN 9 OU, AND MY LIFE IS YOURSS
IMG_3762.jpeg

No, fuck Ferrothorn, I don,t miss him at all. I miss Roserade, Parasect, Dhelmise, Cherrim, Gourgeist, Shiinotic, Maractus and Carnivine, but Ferrothorn for me could burn in hell (Great Britain, also known as Galar).
In retaliation of this post I will now make a Ferrothorn appreciation thread.

Karxrida

Eventide
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
No, fuck Ferrothorn, I don,t miss him at all. I miss Roserade, Parasect, Dhelmise, Cherrim, Gourgeist, Shiinotic, Maractus and Carnivine, but Ferrothorn for me could burn in hell (Great Britain, also known as Galar).
I am too lazy and tired to do math, but Ferro seems like it would make a decent Kingambit check. Couldn't hurt to have more of those.

I am too lazy and tired to do math, but Ferro seems like it would make a decent Kingambit check. Couldn't hurt to have more of those.
252+ Atk Black Glasses Supreme Overlord 5 allies fainted Kingambit Kowtow Cleave vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Ferrothorn: 169-199 (48 - 56.5%) -- 32.4% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Def Ferrothorn Body Press vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Kingambit: 332-392 (97.3 - 114.9%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO
Yeah, its pretty great against gambit. Taking two kowtow cleaves is pretty amazing and ohko'ing back in return is something corv wish it could do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 7, Guests: 17)