Gen 5 The Waddle Force - Empoleon Rain

Empoleon ./ico-a_old_395.gif
The Waddle Force
Thundurus Therian Forme ./ico-a_old_642-therian.gif

:bw/politoed: :bw/thundurus-therian: :bw/latias: :bw/tentacruel: :bw/ferrothorn: :bw/empoleon:
Hello again! I am here to show off one of my first projects of a BW OU team, a team idea that I have been working on since December of 2023. Since then, I got drafted into BKCPL, and tried to get Cloyster Reqs, but wasn't able to unfortunately. I figured its been a while since I made another RMT, so I am here to explain this team.

So you may not know this, but Empoleon happens to be my favorite pokemon. and back when I was a ladder menace with no skill, I dedicated myself to "Building around my favorites". And when I joined BWcord, I did as much as I could to build around the Penguin. eventually, with the help of Zer0 and Peng, I tested a bunch of ideas. Empoleon sand, Torn Kyu B rain (Already did it) and eventually, this team.
:bw/politoed: Politoed :bw/politoed:
Pepe The Frog (Politoed) @ Leftovers
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Protect
- Ice Beam
- Encore​
Politoed sets Rain, which not only allows us to boost up the PENGuin's power, but can help out ferrothorn and tentacruel. Max defense lets us tank the onslaught of Dancing Dragons and hit them back with Ice Beam or burn them with Scald. Ice beam is to hit Dragons and Flyers, so that they can't in return threaten out Empoleon. It notable hits Breloom, who if caught by it on the switch, means that Empoleon can set up for free. Encore is to stop other set up sweepers like Volcarona. Protect is to gain recovery and scout choice items.
Politoed ./ico-a_old_186.gif

:bw/ferrothorn: The Spike Thingy :bw/ferrothorn:
Warhead (Ferrothorn) @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 48 Def / 208 SpD
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Knock Off
- Power Whip
- Stealth Rock​
Ferrothorn sets hazards, which are crucial for Empoleon's sweep, so that it can secure kills against Keldeo and Ferrothorn. Knock off is to strip lefties recovery off of key targets like Skarmory and Tentacruel, letting them get worn down by Empoleon even more. The EV spread helps against Latios and can take Outrages from Garchomp and Dragonite. Hazards are to set while it switches into targets that can't hit it, and punishes spin from Starmie and Excadrill.
Ferrothorn ./ico-a_old_598.gif

:bw/latias: Latias :bw/latias:
Discount Airplane (Latias) (F) @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Surf​
Latias, unlike its counterpart Latios, can withstand the might of Keldeo, Thundurus-Therian, and Breloom. Colbur berry is to give a one-time Get-out-of-jail-free card against Tyranitar and Scizor. Calm mind plus Recover lets it become a bulky booster, and can push past the raw power of Thundurus and Keldeo. Dragon Pulse is for a good neutral hit into most targets, and Surf lets Latias donk Excadrill, which in tandem with the rain boost, can destroy most steels that resist Dragon pulse. It also hits Tyranitar hard.
Latias ./ico-a_old_380.gif

:bw/empoleon: Empoleon :bw/empoleon:
Peng's Wrath (Empoleon) (M) @ Petaya Berry
Ability: Torrent
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 30 HP / 0 Atk
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Agility
- Substitute​
Empoleon, the Star Penguin, is the Main course of this team. 30 Hp IVs are to hit Petaya berry at 25% after 3 substitutes, and combined with Torrent, gives it insane destructive power. Surf + Ice Beam Demolishes a neutral target, and Ice Beam is to hit Latios and Dragonite. a Modest nature is chosen to maximize the destructive power. Now, here is the secret to an Empoleon sweep, if one so chooses. The first step is to get rid of any targets that plague it, such as Jellicent or Ferrothorn. Secondly, make sure Empoleon gets in on a target that can't do meaningfull damage or one that can do just enough to get Empoleon to low health, but not enough to create a fatal blow. The next step is to become speed. Set up agility, and MAKE SURE NOT TO LET IT DIE. the third step is to sub down to low health, and now, if you have done everything correctly, you now have Torrent plus rain plus petaya plus Agillity, and can easily clean up the rest of a team.

:bw/thundurus-therian: Thundurus-Therian :bw/thundurus-therian:
Now i know what you are thinking, woah! double agillity sounds heat! but actually,
1 in a Million (Thundurus-Therian) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 104 HP / 144 Def / 48 SpA / 4 SpD / 208 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 Def
- Substitute
- Thunder
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Focus Blast​
Substitute Thundy is a better fit as it can sub against ferro and threaten the targets that plague Empoleon, as well as completely destroying the Keldeo plus Tyranitar combo. HP Ice hits Dragons and Flyers, and Focus miss, Uhh i mean focus blast, hits Tyranitar and Ferrothorn. The investment is perfectly suited for substitute, and a modest nature takes advantage of that great 145 Special attack. Thundy handles most electrics, and can trade with opposing Thundy.
Thundurus Therian Forme ./ico-a_old_642-therian.gif

:bw/tentacruel: Tentacruel :bw/tentacruel:
Squidword (Tentacruel) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Rain Dish
EVs: 252 HP / 72 Def / 184 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Substitute
- Protect​
Tentacruel gives spin vs targets that would set spikes, which goes a long way for Thundurus and Politoed when fighting a weather war. Substitute lets tentacruel take advantage of passive threats and ignore burn and paralysis. The combination of Substitute and protect can PP Stall slower targets out of threatening moves. Scald lets Tentacruel burn and then let spikes weak down and chip targets in order to enable an Empoleon sweep. The speed EVs outrun Landorus-Therian, and the defense EVs are to stand as a back up check vs Keldeo.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)